Empowering Students Through Christian Education
Lake Nelson Adventist Academy
The mission of the Lake Nelson Seventh-day Adventist School is to provide a Christ-centered, academic education that empowers students with the wisdom, knowledge and determination to reach their full God-given potential. With the caring partnership of parents and faculty, we strive to guide our students to discover their individual gifts and develop awareness of their civic responsibilities and rights for service to God, country, and the community.
March 15, 2020
Dear Lake Nelson Adventist Academy Family,
Once again, it is my prayer that this communication finds you and your family well.
Diligently following and earnestly monitoring the daily progress and recommendations from our local and state government as well as the North American Division of the General Conference, I share this update with you in regard to the COVID-19 and how LNAA is following these suggestions to further limit the spread of the Coronavirus.
Gov. Phil Murphy stated, “that long-term statewide school closures are inevitable.” We are simply waiting as to “when” this notification will come. In an effort to act proactively and give you more time to plan accordingly please read carefully:
- March 16 through March 27, 2020– SCHOOL WILL BE CLOSED—Distant learning will take place.
- March 16, 17, 2020—These days will be used by the faculty and staff to further train and prepare plans for distant learning.
- March 18, 2020—Distant Learning will start on Wednesday, March 18. Tuesday, March 17, I will communicate with you guidelines and structures LNAA will use to proceed and successfully instruct via distant learning.
- March 16-March 18—LNAA’s office will be open. If you are in need to borrow a device for distant learning, please stop by the office. The office will be open from 8:30am-3:00pm.
- March 30- April 05, 2020—Spring Break as scheduled.
- Between the week of March 30, and April 05, I will communicate with you what will happen Monday, April 06, 2020.
- Science Fair—As our current schedule is changing on a daily basis, you will receive communication as to when science fair projects are due.
To bring further clarity to you, know that distance-learning days are counted as school days. Therefore, they will not have to be made up as per local, state and NAD regulations. Part of the communication you will receive this week has to do with schedules and structures for distance learning.
Know that I am here to help you and guide you through this transition. If I can be of assistance in any way, please let me know.
Furthermore, continue to follow the health care guidelines as preventive measures:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
World Health Organization COVID-19 link: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
CDC COVID-19 Resources for Households link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/index.html
As mentioned in a previous communication, let us do our part and God will over abundantly do His.
Sincerely in His service and yours,
Lake Nelson Adventist Academy